Thursday, August 19, 2010

22 States considering immigration laws similar to Arizona's

The rebellion has begun:

Twenty-two states are now in the process of drafting or seeking to pass legislation similar to Arizona’s law against illegal immigration. This is occurring despite the fact that the Obama administration has filed a lawsuit against the Arizona law and a federal judge has ruled against portions of that law – a ruling that is now being appealed.

Is that "despite the fact" the administration's against border security, or is it more accurate to say "BECAUSE" the administration is against it?

Either way, this is hugely significant. The people of the States now see DC as nothing but an obstruction in their efforts to protect themselves from illegal alien invaders, and are looking to their State and local governments for relief.

Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, and Jefferson Davis would be proud!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope obama actually tries to sue all of these states, that will be very interesting.

Northwestern Localist said...

"Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, and Jefferson Davis would be proud!"


I have to disagree with you Old Rebel, they would say what took you so long?

Old Rebel said...

Anonymous,

Ain't that the truth!!!

Old Rebel said...

Northwestern Localist,

Hmm -- point taken. But I'm still proud of my compatriots who're standing up to tyranny!

Anonymous said...

Dutchy sez,
One potential winning strategy (or at least tactic) is to throw state and local kicks and punches in bunches from every angle to land all over Leviathan (and low blows are OK in my book). God knows the Feds don't do anything by any rules other than those they make up along the way! Then they ignore these and expect us to follow them. No, friends, not anymore. Let the gloves fall off - we are about to join in the fight of our lives for all the South holds dear.

Anonymous said...

Old Rebel,

I think President Davis would be proud. After all, the Southern people had their state governments solidly behind them. These days, those governments are beholden to DC, so it takes more courage to stand up.

However, now that more people are standing up to DC on socialized medicine, amnesty for illegals, and victory mosques, the state governments will come around.

Who wants to bet against me?

Wilbur Whateley

Old Rebel said...

Wilbur Whateley,

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on you!

Northwestern Localist said...

"Hmm -- point taken. But I'm still proud of my compatriots who're standing up to tyranny!"
-----------------------

As you should be, sometimes my off the cuff comments come off other than intended although I do get frustrated that government tyranny has to progress to this level before significant push back occurs.