Wednesday, December 26, 2012

McRib as "Southern barbecue"?

While working out today, I heard an ad on the radio for McDonald's McRib sandwich. They had the audacity to describe the sauce as a "tribute to North Carolina barbecue."

What heresy!

I do not eat at fast-food joints. Not only are they selling slop, they displace local cuisine. I see "fast food" as just another anti-human concoction of the Empire.

The "rib" part of the McRib is actually something called a "restructured meat product" that has been molded into the shape of a rack of ribs. With each bite, you're ingesting, along with 70 other ingedients, a flour-bleaching agent called azodicarbonamide, which is also used in the manufacture of foamed plastics.

Yum.

This sandwich of abominations also packs 11 grams of processed sugars in that gelatinous red goo they DARE call "barbecue sauce."

You have been warned.

6 comments:

rex osborne said...

A McRib always reminds me of an old episode of M.A.S.H., where they squeezed several cans of Spam into the shape and size of a Thanksgiving turkey.

James said...

Yeah, not only is the food crap that I wouldn't feed my dog, McDonalds has some of the worst social agendas in corporate America. I stay way away from the place. That goes for the rest of them as well.

Anonymous said...

Don't that take the cake?! Finally we are all united about one thing in the ongoing Southern BBQ debate that has been periodically raging on lsrebellion. Nothing like a common enemy, eh, boys? - Dutchy

Johnny UnReconstructed said...

As long as it's an Eastern McRib, I'm ok with it, lol.

Anonymous said...

What: You don't like kangaroo meat? Or is it restructured Soylent Green? With certain anti-white racists in power these days a white boy just ain't safe anymore.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Yankee, and I completely agree that comparing the McRib to ANY kind of Southern BBQ is an insult. While I am partial to Texas BBQ (and brisket), all Southern BBQ is darn good.

The McRib, like most McDonald's food, is McCrap.